Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Shoes

Well it's that time I guess. I really don't want to. Although, hindsight being 20/20, I should have done it years ago.

What am I talking about? Shoes. My wonderful black Puma shoes, to be exact. I have had these shoes since the 6th grade, when my mom bought them for me at some high-end mall in Seattle for $60. They are amazing shoes. The most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. But today, it finally happened. I realized that my poor old shoes are headed for the trash bin. I love those shoes, and I have yet to find another pair that feels as comfortable as those. This morning was Simon's first agility training day, and at 10:00 we were out on the field. I quickly realized that the grass was still wet with dew, and that my shoes are falling apart. By the time I walked across the field ONCE, my shoes and socks were soaked. I looked down to discover that my poor Puma's sole was coming off on the side, and I have a hole near the toe. The fabric is unstiching, the shoelace holes are stretched, and even all of the suede that used to be there, has been completely rubbed off, leaving a very smooth and partially shiny, surface.

Now, I do have other shoes I could wear. Of the shoes that ARE NOT high heels, I have three pairs. Two are converse, and the other is Puma. Now, these new Pumas, I got off of Ebay, oh about two years ago. Brand new, never been worn, amazing, and for like, $20. I wore them a couple of time, but they just aren't as comfortable as my other ones. Plus, the new pair is brown while my old ones are black. Other than that, they are the exact same shoe. I just...don't like the new ones. I have a hard time letting go of things that are dear to me, and in this instance, my black Puma's are important, thus throwing them away is difficult. I don't know what would help me more, but I just don't want to get rid of them yet. Plus, I HATE shopping. Shopping for anything sucks. Wait, I take that back. I like to shop for other people. Christmas, birthdays, that sort of thing. But shopping, especially for clothes or shoes, for myself, I just loathe. I can never find pants that fit right, either they are too small around the waist and long enough, or fit right around the waist but are too short. I apparently have a very common shoe size, because whenever I walk into Payless, or some other shoe store, they are almost always sold out of whatever shoe I want in the size I need. Quite annoying. So don't tell me to just go out and buy another pair of black puma's, because I will just smack you silly. ^_^ And I mean that with all the love in the world. :D

0 comments: