Thursday, October 28, 2010

Slacking

Boy have I been slacking!

There are plenty of things that I should be doing, but haven't really been doing any of them. Posting here, is one. Although for most of my internet chores, with all of the cloud cover, we haven't been able to connect for longer than a few short minutes, which makes getting things done difficult. But now, Lissy is in bed, Princess Bride is playing on my ITunes, and I have a somewhat clear mind.

After days of fretting, my costume came. The way you are supposed to wear it makes me feel like it's going to fall down and turn me into a Janet Jackson imitator, but wearing it the way I want to makes it too tight around my arms. So taking Chris's pocket knife, I took out about an inch of elastic. That makes it MUCH better. So I tried it on, zipped it up, and guess what happened? The zipper split. Needless to say, I freaked out. I thought that my costume was ruined, and I don't have anything else that even remotely could work for a Cinderella theme. Still wearing it, I went down to Chris in the living room trying really hard not to cry. I turned around and said that the zipper was broken, and I asked if he could fix it. He took a look, unzipped it, then tried to rezip it. It held, until I bent down to fix the skirts. Then it split again. This time, I did cry a little. I was so frustrated that I had worked so hard to make this silly dress fit my small frame, and I had no other zippers to replace it with. As I ranted and raved over how much I hated the stupid cheap plastic zipper, Chris tried it again, and bent the teeth with his pliers. So far, it's been working, but I think once I change into it for Halloween, I'm going to have Chris do a little stitching job so it stays put.

Lissy's Cinderella dress, however, is perfect now. Thanks to Mom. She sewed it to make it fit perfectly for her, so that Lissy isn't tripping over the hem and falling on her face. Now all I have to find are some tights for her. Not quite sure where to find little girl tights though.

0 comments: