Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another 1667 words...Mainly devoted to Jacque :D

Alright, now I'm using the Write or Die thing. Thanks Jenni! XD It is rather interesting, just a really large white space on my screen...all well. I would really like to order a hat that Jenni made, but unfortunately I can't afford the twenty bucks to buy one. All of our next paycheck goes to paying bills. That's it. Not even food. Nadda. *Shrug* That's the way it goes I guess! I sorta wish that we had more money, but that just lead to getting stuff that would end up being useless or sitting on a shelf for ages collecting dust...
Speaking of dust, for some reason, Lissy is very good at collecting it. On her face. I swear, I don't know where she get's so sticky, but she manages it somehow! Ah, the powers of toddlers. I can't believe that we have only a couple of months before she turns two. Only ninety three days, actually. Crazy. It's really weird to see her grow and change, and then look at the pictures of when she was just a few days old, weeks, months, and so on. And...now, she is stealing my cup of milk. Ack! Text message! Oh, just from mom :D Bringing me more flowers! Yay! I love flowers. Really any kind will do, I'm not even sure I would be able to choose which flower is my favorite. Sunflowers maybe? Roses?
Anyway, I was actually going to try and stay on topic today. So much for that! Let's see, my topic will be...books. That'll work.
I got my copy of the ninth Rangers Apprentice book like two weeks ago, but haven't read it yet. The tenth one is released in April next year I believe, and it's been so long since I've read the other eight, that I want to re-read them all to get caught up. I remember most of it, but I don't want to jump into a book and be like "uh...what just happened?" That's always annoying. Plus, the ninth one is mainly about Halt this time around, who is my absolute FAVORITE, and I don't want to miss anything. So I'll just wait until the next one is released, and while I'm waiting for it to be shipped to me, I will read the others. They're pretty short (ooh, I should word count them!) so I can easily read one in a day. It helps that I'm a really fast reader.
The book I'm currently reading is "Head in the Clouds". It's a chick book (not those gross ones!) kind of like a romantic comedy in a book. So far it's pretty good, started right off with drama, haha. I can't remember the author, but I read her debut novel called "Tailor Made Bride" which I was very impressed with and really enjoyed, so I'm hoping that this one will be equally good.
As for other books, I haven't had much time to read recently. I've been busy with Lissy and motherhood, and I'd much rather spend time with her than with fictional characters, but don't let my NaNovel peeps hear that! I'm mostly a reader of fantasy stuff. Magic, dragons, knights in shining armor, that sort of thing.
Dang this is really hard to do. I'm not quite sure I like this Write or Die, it's hard to just keep writing with that feeling of pressure on me, and being able to see both my time limit and my word count right there in my face makes it harder for me I think. Meh, to each his own, I guess. I don't think I could do this for an entire month. But I suppose being forced to write is a good thing when you have a word quota to reach everyday no matter what. If you haven't noticed, I'm going for another 1667 words. I'm at 638, which makes me feel good, but also a little annoyed. I still have a thousand more words, and I have gone off topic again! Man, I am really bad at staying on topic when I ramble. I suppose that can be a good thing when you are writing a novel. Keeps your characters on their fictional toes.
I really wish I could find other people here in Friday Harbor who are doing this NaNo thing. I'd really like to get together and have writing sessions, to be able to compare notes and get some of that friendly competition going. But thankfully the internet is a wonderful thing, and I will be meeting with Jenni Tuesday nights for writing check-ins, and hopefully I will be able to do that regularly with Jacquelynn too. Jacque, or Lynniebear as I call her, lives in Australia, and she's been my best friend for about six years now I think. She's great :D Despite the horrendous time difference, we still manage to chat daily, and I love it. I think I would get really lonely if I didn't have her to talk to, which has happened before. It does suck having her live so gosh darn far away though, we can't grab coffee or go to lunch at a restaurant...but we can brag about each of us is eating. What I'm always surprised about is the difference in food items. I expected there to be different slang (which sometimes I still find hysterical...dramallama...ha...), but I had no idea that our foods varied so much. I honestly can't recall some of the food things down there, but Jacque has never had a s'more, and hadn't even heard of them. Same thing goes for biscuits, cookies, and muffins. It all means something different to them, and even though we both speak English, (And write it very well, I must say) there have been those mis communications. Weird, huh?
Ah my screen turned red! That was odd. Still another 600 words or so. What else can I rant about? Well, I may as well just stick to my previous topic. Lynniebear <3
I wonder how much this will annoy her? That I'm writing about her. Ha, all well. That's what you get for leaving me! For a gym class!!! [insert evil grin and laugh] Hmm...maybe I should post too...We have lots of rp (role-play) stories together, and she is by FAR my favorite person to write with. We know each other so well, it's usually really easy to create a world and story, and work with each other to make it great. Each of the vastly different stories we have are incredible to me, just because they are so diverse but there is a common flow to them that is all our own. Believe me, I've tried writing with other people. Even some other really talented people. Most of them horrific though (two steps from being chat speak...*shiver*) but there was never that flow that I feel when reading our stuff. It's such great fun, and it never feels like an obligation to me. There are those times when my creativitiy sucks and I can't think of anything, then I feel like crap for not being able to provide decent posts...but she is always able to take something from my post, no matter how short or filled with crap it is, and be able to give me something to work with. Amazing when partnerships run that smoothly.
She truly is my best friend, and I wouldn't trade her for anything. I do wish she lived closer...Hell, if it were possible, I'd move closer to her! I wouldn't mind living in Aussie land :D Well...except for the spiders. And bugs. And sharks...Ok, maybe it would be best if she moved here XD Less things that can kill or maim you. Actually, I don't think there is anything that can kill you on this island. Except for stupidity. Sad how much of that has spread lately. *Shrug*
Damn! I still need another 360 words! One more paragraph. Roughly. Let's see...Cinderella! Very very random. But hey, it's what Chris and Lissy are watching right now, and I just caught her name being called by the step sisters. It also happens to be what Lissy and I will be for Halloween. I think I mentioned that in a previous post. Speaking of our costumes, they should be here tomorrow! Woo! I'm so excited. And a little worried. I ordered a small, because the sizing chart said a small was a dress size 4-6, so I'm guessing it will be on the bigger side, but I'm barely a four. They had to take in my wedding dress, and that was a four to begin with. Meh, maybe having a kid has widened my hips. I know it stole my boobs! I really wish a good photography person lived up here *cough*Jenni*cough cough* so Lissy and I could get some Halloween pictures in, but I may just have to settle with Chris taking them. I really want to go out somewhere, like to the Mausolium {DURING THE DAY!} and have the pictures taken there, some candid ones as well as posed. That would be nice.
Ohh! only 161 words left! Ok, I think I will finish with being totally excited for this weekend!!! Chris said that we can go pick our pumpkins on Saturday! It's at my Aunt's house, Connie and Guard Sundstrom. They have a pumpkin patch at their farm where they sell pumpkins at this time of year, and other stuff that they grow the rest of the year. It's so much fun to go out and find those awesome pumpkins, and I can't wait to watch Lissy wobble around and find her first pumpkin. Well, her REAL first pumpkin I picked out and carved a baby bottle on xD She was like, 8 months old, give me a break! XD Woo! Almost done! But I am so very excited for that, I'm going to put new batteries in my camera, and make sure the card is completely empty for it. I'm planning on taking lots of pictures!
And now I'm almost...ok maybe maybe maybe almost....almost.... DONE!!!

0 comments: