Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wonderful Moments

As I sit here, I'm enjoying the incredibly loud screeching laughter that is coming out of my daughter. She has such a cute giggle, and it's being used in full force at this moment. What is bringing on all this laughter and happy energy? Daddy is playing with her. She's toting around her dessert, a Twizzler, being chased by Daddy up and down the hallways, back and forth between her bedroom and ours. She's so happy and hyper, it's amazing. It's moments like these, when you see her bright blue eyes just light up with love and amusement, that really outshine any naughty moments she may have had before.

As a stay at home mom, I get the pleasure, and sometimes the difficult duty, to be with Lissy 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, while Chris goes off to work for 5 of those days, and 8-9 hours a day. It's hard having all of these great moments and try to recount them to Chris when he gets home, but it's not the same. And when he does get home, she's usually very happy to see him, but then right after dinner, she's off to bed. So on our weekends, when Daddy doesn't have to go to work, we really try and do things together, and this morning I had to leave early and go help out a friend with a project we're working on. But I came back to a happy Baby and Daddy.

She's smiling, giggling, and screeching with pleasure as Daddy crouches down in Monster Pose and stomps after her, snatching her up and blowing raspberries on her tummy. It's so adorable, and I love little things like that. I love being able to watch the bond between father and daughter...It's little moments like that, that make me believe we could survive with two kids. *wishful sigh*

0 comments: