Monday, October 18, 2010

Taking a step back

Holy smokes has it been a crazy week. I've experienced many different emotions in a very short period of time and I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm really doing alright, my dad came out of his surgery just fine, and is doing well. The rest of the family, however, not so much.

To make this as short and comprehensible as possible, the only reason my parents aren't divorced right now is because neither one can afford the attorney and court fees, and neither can afford to buy each other out of the house. Why would they be divorcing? Well, for the last five years, my dad has carried on an affair that my mom has just tried to sweep under the rug. Why the sudden change of heart? My dad decided to bring his whore mistress to the hospital. Yeah. Oh, and he told the rest of us not to come. Yeah. Oh, and she told the nurses that she was family. Yeah. So now there is this huge blowout, I was put in crazy positions that I never want to be in again, and honestly, I don't care one fig.

Sometime Tuesday afternoon, I snapped. For the better. I stopped caring about all of this and realized, Hell it's not my problem! If he would rather be with that thing than with his real family, fine. I'm not the one who loses out on great moments and memories. I've had this stress burdened on my since I was sixteen, and it's my fault. I kept that burden, because I was the one to announce his affair to my mom. Awesome huh? I felt like all this trouble was because I told mom about it, but now, I know that while my telling her forced some of it about, it's not my fault that he decided to cheat.

Anyway. Just thought to let you know that I'm fine, the situation sucks, but is ok, and I am back! Hooray!

0 comments: