Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wonderful Wednesdays

Ah Wednesday. The middle of the week. It's one of my favorite days because of Wii Tea, and today is no different. Gemma and I have spent the day playing Wii, deep frying mozzarella sticks, eating donuts, and chasing after Felicity as she runs around the store/house.

It's one of those wacky fun days that makes you just plain ol' happy. With the approach of the 4th, we're not sure what we're going to do. Last year was a lot of fun, with Felicity actually awake during the fireworks, and this year we think it will be more of the same, and hopefully Friday Harbor's fireworks aren't lame.

Later on, we're planning on making beignets again, so that will make my already cluttered kitchen an absolute mess, but hey, it will be fun! Hopefully Felicity will be a helper and not a hindrance. She's usually pretty awesome with helping in the kitchen, she loves to cook with me (yay!) but sometimes she's a little… too enthusiastic.

As for my writing, I've been focusing on recharging my batteries, so I haven't touched my novel in a week or two, instead I've been roleplaying with some of my friends in the online community, and just writing short little stories and scenes for a later novel. It's been nice to allow my brain to focus on something other than my book, even though I do miss my beloved characters sometimes. That's just what you've gotta do sometimes!

Now I must depart, while my keyboard gets a break from Felicity trying to help me write today's post… Keep writing, reading, baking, cooking, and smiling!!

0 comments: