Monday, June 20, 2011

Manic Monday

Now, I'm generally not a Garfield type of person. I usually don't mind Monday's except if something bad happens. I'm not saying something bad has happened today, but there seems to be that sort of cloud hanging over my head. It may be the fact that I am expecting things to go wrong, like the optimistic pessimist that I am. I am always positive that things will go wrong. I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law as well.

Have you ever watched that movie 9 to 5 starring Dolly Parton and based on her song? I love that movie, and while I don't have a womanizing arse of a boss that I want to murder while wearing a cowgirl outfit, I have been hit by the lyric from the song "They use your mind and never give you credit" today. I'm not going to give specific's, because I truly do love the people I work with, but there are sometimes when you just get fed up with being treated like a worthless child who knows nothing. And I'm kind of tired of the surprised shock people get on their faces when I turn out to be capable of what they asked me to do. I love volunteering, and I have referred to it as a home away from home before, and I truly mean that. They really are like a second family to me, and because of that, there are always little dysfunctions and squabbles. Most are forgivable and heat-of-the-moment annoyances, and are well worth the end result. But I'm on my seventh (or is it eighth?) show in a row right now, which I have done lighting, sound design and running of the sound board, teaching, assisting, managing, cleaning, painting… in short, I have done everything and just about anything I'm asked to. I pour myself into these shows, and most times, I'm left out of the congratulations band wagon.

Well, I guess that's enough complaining. I feel better being able to expel some of my aggression, even though it's just here and mostly hot-air. There really isn't anything I would rather be doing. So far this morning, I think I've dealt with just about every emotion there is. I woke up fearful and anxious, terrified when Felicity fell off the bed, frustrated when my four month old puppy peed in her kennel (we had been doing so well!), happy and entertained when Felicity played with her bubble gun, surprised when one of my best friends Coral brought these awesome no-bake cookies over, (She made them with Nutella instead of peanut butter. Awesome, I have to say. And I don't even like nutella!), I was angry with myself when I broke my friendship bracelet, and right now I'm that odd combination of contentedly exhausted and energized. I've replied to all of my current roleplays that I have going, scrubbed the floor, gave the dogs a walk, wrangled Felicity into a diaper for nap time, and now, once I finish with this bit of writing, I am going to move the couches so I can sweep under them and then scrub that little piece of flooring. Then it's onto the kitchen counters and stove, then the windows, water the plants both indoor and outdoor, give Felicity her lunch when she wakes up, and then, if I have time and haven't dropped from exhaustion, I will shower both myself and Felicity, and clean the tub simultaneously. Then, it's off to rehearsal and then to Coral and Gemma's house for a girls night with more of those delicious no-bake cookies, milk, ice cream, and probably some home spa time with a good chick flick. Ahhh Manic Mondays!

Keep writing, working, smiling, and all around being happy!!

0 comments: