Saturday, June 18, 2011

Exciting News!!

Two blog posts in one day! Wahoo! I just couldn't help it though, I have some awesome news, and I couldn't wait until tomorrow to share it.

So for some backstory. I'm a follower of IntelliGender on facebook. They sell a product that is, essentially, a pregnancy test for your babies gender. You can take it anytime after your tenth week, and from there… it's pretty self explanatory.

Chris and I have been TTC #2 for a while, and after our adoption flop and multiple miscarriages, we're hoping that we will have a chance to test out this product. At first, I wanted to try it because, while we are hoping for another girl, we know that we will welcome a son into our family with the same love and enthusiasm. And, as a self proclaimed impatient perfectionist, the earlier I know the happier I am.

A couple days ago, I saw on IntelliGender's facebook page that they were looking for people to do a product review on their blog or vlog, and they would send a free test to those who asked. So I emailed Valerie King, at IntelliGender and requested a test and said I'd love to do a review. Well, the email I got back was far beyond what I expected. I sent them my blog link so they could make sure this was something they wanted, and Valerie asked me to be a guest blogger for them! Literally, my mouth dropped open, and I started bouncing, earning me glares from both my cat and Lissy who were sharing my lap. Chris came downstairs and looked at me oddly, and when I explained, he rolled his eyes and told me I was weird. Right after which, he told me good job and said I should get started on writing it.

Well, the subject on which Valerie requested I blog is tough. She asked that I blog on my journey with miscarriage. For me, I have come to terms with these heartbreaking moments in my life, and I truly am thrilled to write about it, and show other moms that they aren't alone, and that you can be happy after a miscarriage. The thing that will be difficult for me is remembering the times when I wasn't ok with what was happening. But I suppose that that is a part of my journey, and even my pain is helpful to other mothers, or hopeful-mothers, experiencing something similar.

I just still can't believe that I will be blogging for such a huge community. I'm so excited and honored for this opportunity… Now, before I start rattling on again, I suppose I really should start this amazing, (hopefully!) blog post for IntelliGender!

I will keep you all posted! Keep writing and remember to smile!

2 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

My wife and I went through two miscarriages, the first of which almost killed her, so I will be interested in seeing what you have to say.

IntelliGender said...

Well, you know what Elizabeth? We can't wait to work with you. The moment I saw your email and read your story, I just knew there was something VERY special about you.
Valerie & The Moms of IntelliGender