Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update

There's good news, and there's bad news. Since most people start off with the bad news, I will start with that. I have no more ideas. I have no idea what to write now, and I'm terrified. I don't know what else I'm going to do, and I'm afraid that I won't finish this challenge.

Good news? I HAVE 50 FREAKIN' PAGES! I have hit halfway! And it's only the 13th!! I'm so happy that I'm actually halfway through this challenge. And that is where my fear kicks in. Because the 2nd Act is the one that I have absolutely NO planning for. I didn't have any ideas for it before I started, and now that I'm here, I have no idea how to continue Ella's story.

But, oddly enough, I'm not afraid of it anymore. I know I just said I was, but... After talking to my best friend in the entire world (literally!) she helped me realize that it doesn't have to be perfect right now. I'm able to edit it later, and cut things, expand others... I think I always knew that in the back of my mind, but to my perfectionistic mind, it just seemed so stupid to write something that you knew you were going to have to cut later. So I only wrote things that were "right" to me.

But no longer. Starting today, my second act is going to be filled with ninja zombies with zombie parrots. My characters have been telling me for a while that Clarissa needs a smack down, but I've been unwilling to give it to her because it's not something that would be workable on stage and it doesn't help the story at all. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I hate my step mother. It's awesome. That's how it should be. She is a complete and utter B-I-T-C-H. And that's great! But because of this, even her schizophrenic son wants to kill her, and that just seems weird. I won't reveal what I have in store for her demise, but I think it will be... interesting.

So, to wrap up, I have 50 pages down, and 50 left to go! WOO HOO!

2 comments:

Jenni Merritt said...

Yay for halfway marks! You can do it, I have no doubts at all.

And... go zombies!!

Abby Stevens said...

Hi there! I found you from the Natalie Fischer pitch contest over at YAtopia. Congrats on 50 pages! I've always wanted to do Script Frenzy but I've never actually gotten around to it! Maybe next year!