Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Good morning/afternoon, and happy easter! This is one of those holidays that I love. Growing up, my family had lots and lots of traditions, but Easter morning had to be one of my favorites. My brother Colin and I would wake up, and immediately start searching for where the mischievous Easter Bunny hid our baskets. Some years were easier than others, but they never failed to disappoint.

As I got older, I began to realize that it was my mom packing and hiding our baskets, but that never made it any less fun. We all had a basket with our name written on it, and there was another bowl full of more candy sitting in the middle of the coffee table. My favorite easter candy was, and actually still is, Peeps. I love those. Can't get enough. So when I would find my basket, it was always stuffed with Peeps, and a couple of other candies that I love. Colin's was always filled with Reece's and chocolate, the candies that he loved back then.

It was such a blast, that when Felicity was born, we decided to carry on that tradition in our own little family. Now, when she was just a couple months old, she couldn't do it, but last year we did and that was a lot of fun. I have to say, Felicity is not a candy child like I am. Every time, she will choose fruit like strawberries or blueberries or even apples over candy. Every single time. So we gave her fruit and a couple lollipops last year and that basket was gone in minutes, candy discarded.

This year, since Easter completely sneaked up on me, we didn't do our egg dying until last night. We didn't have bushels of peeps (cry!), or really any other candy, but it was still a good morning. Felicity helped to dye the eggs, which... While it was fun, she snuck a chair up to the counter and poured an entire bottle of green food dye onto an egg. The most amazing part is, that is the coolest egg we have ever dyed! I love my little messy artist.

So this morning, we got up, cracked open a couple of eggs and taught her how to dip them in salt and eat them. She is a big fan of salt, so we thought she'd like this and we were right! Tried to empty the whole shaker of salt onto her egg... We watched Toy Story 3, read a Peter Cottontail book, and now she is going down for her nap so she won't be cranky tonight when we head over to the In-Laws house for a plastic easter egg hunt.

So HAPPY EASTER! I hope the holiday is so great that it make you feel like dancing. May the chocolate be as plentiful as the blessings, and may the hugs be many!

0 comments: