Friday, April 1, 2011

Sit Down and Shut Up

This morning has been one of epic failures. Filled with *headdesks* and *facepalms*, just like this one. >>

Today, I woke up as I do every morning to Felicity kissing my cheek until I open my eyes, and once I do, I get a glowing "Hi mommy" and I am then pulled out of bed, downstairs, where I must insert Shrek and fetch breakfast. Usually it's not so bad because I am then allowed to sit down and eat my own breakfast and watch a bit of Shrek before I get up and get dressed. But today is April 1st. Doesn't even matter that it's the Fool's Day, that has nothing to do with this post. Today, I should have started writing for Script Frenzy. I know I still have twelve or so hours until the day is technically over, but I haven't even started. I've had Word open all morning, and yet, I have been able to procrastinate well enough that I haven't even been able to sit my butt down in my computer chair. I swear, Felicity has a sensor on my butt that tells her when I have sat down, or worse yet, when I'm comfortable.

So now that I have eaten part of my lunch, I have my special tea cup with my awesome English Breakfast tea with plenty of sugar, I am ready to start writing.

....

Where to start? I have never written in a scriptural format before, and I must say, I'm a little daunted. I've never been good at summing up stuff, and I have the pictures in my mind of what I want everything to look like. Which I know, is probably not a good thing, since if I am able to direct this at the theater, it won't be exactly how I picture it. It's odd for me having only to work with what the characters actually say, instead of how they say it and what they're doing while they say it. I feel almost afraid to do this, because it seems like it will go so much faster than I think it will, and I'm worried that my story isn't long enough to reach 100 pages.

Well, enough procrastination. Iron Chef America is almost over, and then I will at least attempt to start writing. I WILL have at least a single page done by tonight!

1 comments:

Jenni Merritt said...

Do it! You can do it!

Do you need me to growl at you? Because... I WILL growl...