Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunny Sunday

AH, my first Sunny Sunday post. I was actually dreading making this post on Friday, because up to that point, I really had very little to be happy about. Friends were fighting and upset, my husband and I were fighting and upset... Even little Felicity was suffering from a bout of the TT's. (Terrible Twos)

But yesterday, I found lots of things to be happy about. Saturday was just plain awesome. My awesome friend Coral and I went to a rummage sale hosted by our local wildlife rehabilitation center, Wolf Hallow. It was all "Make a Donation". I walked away with at least three garbage bags full of stuff (One was full of clothes that I'm donating to the Community Theater), a plastic little play set (with a slide. She loves it already) for the yard for Felicity, and a very nice serving set. I'll have to take some pictures of my scores, I'm very happy. OH! I also bought one of their lemon cakes. I had to. If it's lemon, I want it. Heh.

My next awesome score was with books. Since I've decided to do a weekly review of a book here on DM, having books to read is sort of a requirement. I bought two on my kindle, which is one that I am reading right now, and after we hauled our rummage sale bags to our homes, we went back into town and parked. After walking around, we headed over to Sweet Retreat and had lunch. After stuffing ourselves full to the brim of delicious food, (Apparently neither of us had had breakfast...), we walked up to Serendipity, our local used book shop. After wandering around in there for roughly half hour, we both came out with some fantastic reads.

We then walked back to her car, and headed over to her place to make our friend and her roommate, Gemma, feel better. She is sick and has been unable to even keep simple things, like water, in her stomach. So we hung around there and chatted for a bit, then Coral and I left to go back to our "Purse Party". Now, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's where a bunch of people (mostly women and young women) come to buy new purses. They are designer bags for WAY cheap. They also sell wallets, keychains, sunglasses, and clutches. My sister-in-law was supposed to be there to, but we never saw her. But, we each found a purse and wallet that we LOVE. I'll take a picture of that too. Because Gemma is sick, she couldn't come with us, so Coral and I decided to get her a wallet. We split the cost, and I'm really glad I did because Gemma loves it.

I also have a very cool bit of sunshine for this morning. I got a text at 4am. Usually, that would just make me want to smack whoever it was trying to talk to me. Here's the kicker. I looked at my phone, and it was a very long number that I didn't recognize, so I opened the text and it was from Jacquelynn! My best friend in the whole wide world (literally. She lives in Australia.)! So I sent a text back, without thinking, then looked at my little clock I have on my desktop that tells me what time it is for her. 2 am. Oops! I shoulda waited two more hours! :)

So all in all, yesterday was fantastic. Today I'm hoping continues that trend, because I am going over to my cousins job-site to help build her hours again. Yahoo!

1 comments:

Jenni Merritt said...

Yay for having good days! What books did you get?

I spent yesterday getting a crenolin for the bridesmaid's dress I am wearing on the 30th. Then chilling at Powells and buying more books before going grocery shopping. It was a good day for me too :)