Sunday, April 3, 2011

10 Pages! Woot!

Yahoo! I now have 10 whole pages of my script. I need 25 by this coming Saturday, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm excited that I have not crumbled and died yet, although there are times when I have wished for a keyboard made out of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. Just for the sugar boost.

I am two days into my SF journey and already ahead of the game. I'm pretty excited about that :) The only thing I'm not so excited about, is the fact that I have ten pages, and in another 5-10, I'll have reached the "intermission" part of my play. Not a good thing when you're shooting for a 100 pages. But for now, I have made the conscious decision NOT to worry about it. I shall cross that bridge when I get to it, and the great thing about script writing that I have found, is you can just add more and more dialogue to it. Unlike writing a story, where you have a couple of paragraphs devoted to setting up a scene, you just have to click and start typing. Kinda nice when it comes to "fluffing up" the story.

To be honest, I don't have a great amount of energy to put into this post. I've been helping my cousin build her house and get the hours she needs, because somebody (I won't mention names, although it's very tempting) stole 15 of her volunteers hours for her house, putting her 17 entire hours behind. That's a lot of hours to be working, but thankfully, between my mom, myself, and her, we were able to put in 14 hours. I'll probably be going back tomorrow for another two or three hours to help catch her up. I cannot believe how selfish a person must be to steal somebody else's hours. Or anything! I mean really. Because I know who they are, I can say this. They are one of the laziest, self-righteous a**holes I know. And it's really not nice of me to say, but I also believe them to be one of the stupidest people on the face of the planet. Honestly. There are very few times when something comes out of their mouth that is remotely intelligent. Pitiful, actually.

Now, before I get all riled up on this, again, I am going to say goodnight. I'm hoping to get another 4 or 5 pages in tonight before I go to bed, but I don't know. We'll see. Tomorrow is Monday, the most upsetting days of the week. Ugh.

0 comments: