Monday, April 11, 2011

Books I Want to Write

While I was debating on what to blog, I came across Jenni's blog, where she had a picture of her TBR (To Be Read) shelf. I was awed by the number of books she hadn't read, and it's actually a good idea. Myself, I probably have a thousand plus books scattered around on my shelves, in boxes in storage, and a couple scattered on my bed, but I have read them all. So I was still at a loss as to what to post, and while I was contemplating just saving it for later and writing some more pages for the script, I had a brilliant idea.

How many of you have ever come up with an idea that makes you want to sit down and write? I know I've had lots of those, and they almost always come at a time when I don't have anything to write them down on. So I've actually started keeping a little notebook and a pen in my purse. The most annoying thing with that, is that I get the ideas when I forget my purse!

I have a whole notebook that is almost full with story ideas that I just never seemed to get around to start. Some of them, I've got a chapter or two, but nothing more than that. I wish that I did have the time and creative energy that it takes to finish all of my writing projects. Heck, I wish I had the ability to sit down and focus on the books I do have. Eventually, it will all be finished and I will be able to hold that published and printed book with my name on the cover on my hands. I can't imagine how that will feel. Actually, I think I'll be too overwhelmed to feel anything other than shocked and completely joyful.

1 comments:

Jenni Merritt said...

I buy little notebooks and keep one for each story idea I get... its almost time to go get more!

I have been dying to work on one of my other WIPS lately, but I need to force myself to finish this current one first. Then it will be time to pick the story for NaNoWriMo 2011!