Monday, May 9, 2011

To Comic, or not to Comic, that is the Question!

I must admit, that I am a major gamer. I love video games, and have no problem sitting on the couch for hours and hours completely pwning noobs. Being a girl, I'm usually met with one of two different reactions: the "you're a girl so you can't possibly be good at video games" or the "holy hell you play video games?! And you're a girl?! *droooool*". While both are moderately annoying, I must admit that I understand the reaction. Now that more and more girls are getting into gaming, it's not such a rare thing, but to find a girl that's good at them... that, in my opinion, is a whole 'nother ball game.

I know several girls that enjoy gaming, and they are good at what I call the girl games. You know, the ones that don't require massive amounts of skill. I will further admit that sometimes I play, and sometimes even enjoy those games too, just as something for my mind to zone out at. But more often than not, I enjoy a good shooter. Halo, Fallout...etc. All good.

What I've noticed, is that one of my favorite things is becoming less and less known, and that makes me sad. They used to be very popular, and one of the most sought after entertainment out there, right up with trading card games. What am I talking about? Comics. I don't mean Peanuts or Garfield. They're oldies, but those are ones that have withstood time and people still know what you're talking about when you make a Monday joke or shout "good grief". What happened to good ol' comics like Archie? I miss Archie... Now, in their places some nice new comics have popped up. They're funny, but just don't have the same... zing to them. I dunno, maybe I'm just nostalgic.

My favorite comic is an online one called Ctrl+Alt+Del. I love it. Love love love. It's mainly about two guys who sit around and play video games. Ethan and Lucas. Now, as you read and read, hilarity ensues. Ethan is incredibly funny but also the kind of stereotypical moron gamer with no brain cells, yet has awesome ideas and builds a robot out of his x-box. Yep, pretty funny stuff there. If you haven't heard of it, I highly suggest you check it out. www.cad-comic.com. That's it. They even sell plushies now!

So, my dear fans, are you a gamer or comic reader?

What comics/games do you recommend??

0 comments: