Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Cartoon!

I am a Lion. While that doesn't click with a lot of people, it means that I am a part of a fantastic group of awesome people that take time out of their own busy lives to actively help make the community a better place. Growing up on the island, I always heard about them, saw them selling beer and burgers at the county fair, but other than that, I didn't know them. Then I started catering their Tuesday meetings. I was blown away. These are guys and gals in their 50's (and upwards, and one special guy is 98!!) still doing things for the island. Raising money for one thing or another, Red Cross, Food Bank, Blood Bank, military and other such things. They're also the ones that dress up like Santa Clauses and ring bells outside of the grocery store. After a month or two of catering their lunch, I joined. Now I have my own bright yellow vest and even a few pins on it already. And today, I'm going over to Marketplace to take a shift on our Free Health Screening RV. Which leads me up to my cartoon of the day. I stumbled upon this site where there were lots and lots of funny cartoons, but this one stuck out for me, especially with what I'm doing with the Lions. Enjoy!

0 comments: