Monday, May 2, 2011

Le Gasp!

I love this picture for several reasons. It's funny, but better yet, it's something that I think I am going to need to do today. Spending the day unconscious sounds like an alright way to spend a day that you would just rather skip.

Felicity has been having nightterrors the last few weeks, and that in itself has been stressful. Being a mommy, you see your little baby scared to death over something that their own mind has conjured up, but there is nothing you can do to help ease their fear. Because they're not awake. I'm sure I've touched on this subject before, but night terrors are when a child's body is awake, but their mind isn't. This results in very vivid dreams for the child, and it's very scary for the parents too. I hate running into my daughters room and having her thrash around out of my arms because she doesn't know it's me, hearing that Mommy-I'm-going-to-die! scream. You know the one. And of course, no matter what time it is, after she is finally awake from these wretched things, she wants to stay up, not because she's not tired (yawning and rubbing eyes disprove that) but because she doesn't want to be alone in a dark room. Heck, she didn't want to be alone at all. So of course, one of us gets up and goes downstairs to fall asleep on the couch while watching Tangled with her. Several hours of not so good sleep is worth her not screeching though.

I'm also not looking forward to today because I have to go babysit a 50 year old woman. This is also the same woman who rode on my mother's charity for six months, and told me that I was drugging my baby when I gave Felicity tylenol to help her teething. I cannot describe how much I loathe and pity this woman, but the fact that she constantly tells people that she's going to kill herself starts to grate after awhile. She says she's going to, but after all these years, she's never attempted. Never. Not one. I'm saying saying I want her to attempt, or even succeed, but it's becoming the boy who cried wolf, especially for me. Even my mom is at the end of her rope, and she has a very very long rope of patience and charity! To me, all of this is a cry for attention, because her daughters, all three of them, refuse to speak to her because of things she's done to them. I hate having to waste my time babysitting somebody more than twice my age who I know will never actually attempt suicide.

I apologize if I've offended anyone, but I had to get that off my chest if I am going to manage to be silent and civil today. On the lighter side, I finally got my birthday present! Only two months late, but hey, it's something. And it only took 8 hours to download! >.<" Freakin' EA....

0 comments: