Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Update - WIP

I am finally over my sickness! Well, most of the way anyway. I still have a wicked cough, but other than that, I'm feelin' great! So I thought I would start posting here again. I really missed it, but with so little energy it was hard enough getting out of bed to change the DVD.

Anyway, so my project this weekend that I am focusing on, is painting my daughters bedroom. It was nice before, a pale creme brulee yellow with pastel orange and pink ragged on, but it didn't look like a little girls room. So, being the creative entity I am, I designed a new room for her. I'll of course upload photos when I'm done, but I have my brother in law making a chest for her toys, her Daddy is making a shelf to put her little TV on, and I am busy priming her room and building a new frame for her bed. It's going to be awesome. Butterfly themed, like an open meadow sort of thing. I was actually lucky enough to score one of the tree props from the Charlie Brown show that we struck on Sunday, so that will go in there as well. I am making new curtains for all of her windows, and I'm planning on sanding and re-staining the door and window trim in either a pale wood like pine or white. I also bought little sample jars of bright colors for the butterflies I'm painting on, and I even got a yellow to dry brush around her ceiling light so it's like a sun.

We already have glow-in-the-dark stars on her ceiling, so she get's both the day and night effect. I'm very excited, and since I absolutely love to paint, that just makes it even more fun! It's going to be amazing, and I know she's going to absolutely love it.

That is my work in progress for now, and I will update you next week when it's all done! Complete with pictures, I promise!

0 comments: