Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Out of boredom

I was feeling bored after my mega-movie-marathon that I decided I would computerize for a little bit instead. There's not a whole lot for me to do, but it's better than sitting around doing nothing. At least, I think it is anyway...

I'm waiting for Lissy to go to sleep...she's been laying in bed for almost forty minutes just talking to herself...I really wish she would go to sleep, she really needs it. I think she and I are getting sick, so I've been trying to make her drink tea (chilled of course) with me, and I even went to the store and bought some kiddie vitamin c. She thinks they are candy and keeps wanting to eat the whole darned bottle. Which is good that she likes them, and while I don't think she can exactly OD on vitamin C...I don't think it's so great for her either.

Anyway, on to my exciting weekend! While I'm sure most of you will think I'm insane or whatever, I am very pleased that we are decorating for Christmas! Browne's is selling 4' trees for only $19, which is amazing, considering Ace is selling them for like, $30...but we're getting a ton of lights to string up, and wreaths, and tinsel, and garland...Oh yes, we are going all out. And it's even more fantastic, because Chris will get a discount on everything. So after I finish with this, and I create a character for an awesome RP story, I am going to (hopefully) get little Miss Felicity to sleep, and clean clean clean. I feel like I'm pregnant again, with all of this cleaning-mode stuff I've been thrown into, heh. I just love that this is our first Christmas together in our home, I just can't wait to decorate it and sing carols (which I started back mid-November...) and everything else that goes along with dreaming of a white Christmas.

Happy Holidays and I hope that while things are tight, you never forget what Christmas is supposed to be about. Family, and the love that you have for each other. It's not about how many gifts you get, or are able to give, but about the hope and joy you give as you cuddle around your fires, or in our case, heaters, reading a book to your kids, or re-reading the books you were read when you were little... Even if you aren't a fan of the holidays, or don't celebrate them for your own reasons, just know, that wherever you are, someone is thinking of you and wishing you joy, peace, and love.

0 comments: