Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's almost Christmas!

I thought I would start off by exploding some of my pent up excitement for the coming Holiday. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and while I'm pretty sure it won't snow, it doesn't matter. I love the music, the decorations, the light that seems to follow people around. It's such a glorious time of year, and while I know that some disaster will befall us {because it always does, somebody always manages to throw drama into what should be happy times} I can't stop myself from being excited. It will be hectic, with the drama of trying to share the one holiday with two families already happening... I hate that, but I figure, if they want to be so stubborn that it makes it impossible for us to manage seeing both families, then we will just have to leave them out of our holiday plans. As joyous as I am this season, I still have a limited amount of patience for guilt trips. Now, stopping myself before I get too upset, here is my Reverb for today.






December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
I'm not sure how to address this question either. I don't know if I have ever healed fully from my past wounds, and I don't know if I ever will. Time has taken away the fresh pain, but scars still remain, and every once in a while, they will bleed and hurt. The greatest thing I have found to dull the pain, is Chris, Felicity, and Jacquelynn. Without them, I don't think I'd be able to get myself out of bed in the morning. They know me like no other, and even though Lissy can't talk back quite yet, she still listens and is able to take my mind off of whatever is troubling me. Usually by attempting to tickle me. 

0 comments: