Friday, December 17, 2010

Continuation

December 17 – Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
The best thing I learned about myself? I have learned many things about myself, but I don't know how to classify them, or if any of them are suitable to be labeled as the best. I guess I'd have to say that the best thing I learned about myself this year, is that I am capable of working through stress and the naysayers, and all the other crap that life throws at you. My favorite motto of 2010 is this: "When life hands you lemons, throw them back and ask for chocolate." I don't know where I read it, or who said it, but it's absolutely fantastic.




December 18 – Try What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?
Next year, starting January 1st, I'm forcing myself into another November. This is my attempt to finish my book, or at least get very close to completing the first, and very rough, draft. I was so impressed with myself when November was done, but still disappointed that I had not even gone halfway through my book with those 50k words. I thought the thrill of my book would wear off the farther November got, but it hasn't. I'm still in love with my book and find myself wanting to go write more in that world and with my beloved characters. So for 2011, I am going to finish my book, edit it, and {hopefully} get my agent to approve it. :D

0 comments: