Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 11

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?


Eleven things I don't need in 2011. Well, the simplest thing would be to make a list, so here goes.

  1. I don't need criticism. I don't know how to get rid of them, considering the people who give it to me the most are related to me. Can't really get rid of family, but I guess I can stop taking what they say as personally as I have been. This will change my life because I may actually start to accumulate self confidence and do things that I've been told I would never do.
  2. I don't need stress. I can get rid of this by stepping out of situations that others have put me in, like being a peace keeper and a go-between. It's not my job, and even though that's a hard thing for me to admit, it's not healthy for me or my own family. Having less stress in my life will change it because I will have more energy to do things that I want to, and I will have more patience when it comes to training Simon or when Lissy decides to push the boundaries.
  3. I don't need more things to do. I have a long enough To-Do list as it is, and while I enjoy most of my activities, I really don't need to take more time away from Chris and Felicity. Having the courage to politely refuse things that would take a great deal of time. This will change things because I'll be able to reconnect with Chris again, and have more time to play with Felicity.
  4. I don't need pity parties. While most of the time I'm not prone to having these myself, I will admit to throwing several this past year. Not something I like to admit, but hey, sometimes it helps when your overwhelmed.
  5. I don't need drama. Kind of the same thing as stress.
  6. I don't need more cleaning! I know it's inevitable, especially when you have children, but c'mon! It seems like I clean, and then I blink and it's dirty again!
  7. I don't need more coffee. I enjoy the smell of it, and even though I need the energy, it just plain makes me jumpy!
  8. I don't need another scary pregnancy. No, Chris and I are not pregnant. Yet. We are, however, planning on trying to conceive around May. I know it's something we can't completely control, but as scary as my pregnancy was with Felicity at the end, I don't want that to happen again.
  9. I don't need more clothes. God knows how many I have, and most of them don't even fit. I keep putting off going through them, because I hate doing laundry, and I know that I will have sooo many loads of clothes to wash in order for the ones I don't want to be good enough to take to the thrift store... It'd be an all week chore, and I'm just not up for that. Heh.
  10. I don't need more friends on facebook. There are people I don't even know adding me! With NO mutual friends! Facebook is quickly turning into a myspace, and that's just plain annoying.
  11. I don't need more of these lists. I usually love lists, they're organized, and it's great for people from Perfect Country like I am. (If you don't know what I'm talking about when I say Perfect Country, google 'the flag page test')

Tah dah. Day Eleven complete. Now if only I could get some writing in, I'd be set, but alas, I am in a rut and out of energy. I don't think my wrists have completely recovered yet anyway!

0 comments: