Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing?
Sang out with all my heart during the My Fair Lady auditions. I had no idea how to sing the song, I was picked on to go first, and I was terrified. I should have just sang out anyway, making up the tune, but I was too scared and worried about what people would think of me. I came to discover that theater people are amazing individuals that are just as quick to laugh at themselves than at you.




December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?
Don't lose your temper, keep joy in your heart always, and know that there are plenty of people that love you, even if they don't show it. Stay strong, but not so strong that no one can reach you behind your barriers. Allow yourself to be taken care of for once, goodness knows you do enough care taking of others, it's not a weakness to be vulnerable. Trust. Love. Resist the temptation to recede into your shell. Teach Felicity it's ok to be scared, but act out despite of that.

0 comments: