Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another apology

It seems like all I do now is apologize for my absence. I really don't mean to neglect you or the blog, but life gets pretty full sometimes.

I hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July, with lots of friends, family and good food, and awesome fireworks. Mine was… less than awesome, but this whole weekend has stressed me out. Starting with three days of bleeding, and then yesterday at 5:39pm, my little boy kitten died.

So to say the least, I'm not very energized for writing, or really anything else. I'm taking these things really hard, because I feel like there is something I could have, and should have, done, although nothing readily comes to mind. This morning my friend Gemma is coming over and we're going to bury him in one of my gardens, and plant some spearmint over him.

I discovered last night that Chris and I can see the fireworks from our bedroom window, so that was nice, and I felt like it was a good send off for my little boy. Hopefully after the burial, I can perk myself up enough to make it through work, and get back home in one piece. I haven't cried yet, but it may just not have really hit me yet. I did have odd dreams about it last night though…

Keep writing, reading, and loving everything you have. You never know when you might lose it...

0 comments: