Friday, November 4, 2011

Ugh. And… that's all I have to say.

So yesterday was… awesome. Both in the good way and the most sarcastic  way you can imagine. On the upswing, I've broken 10k. On the downside, those words kept me up most of the night because I didn't write at all until the sun went down and I was in bed. Why the heck did you do that? You may ask.

Well. I got my first bout of painful contractions. Not just Braxton Hicks, these were so painful that I felt like I needed to stay around the bathroom, or at least have a heavy-weight bag around me at all times. This is starting two weeks earlier than it did with Felicity, which makes sense. One week for each twin. -pokes babies- 12 weeks! 12 weeks, you hear me?! We have an appointment, thankfully, not too far away, with my OB in Anacortes and she'll be able to make sure everything is alright. I went to my Uncle's office and got checked out, and my cervix is still tightly closed, but soft. Blah. If that thing has moved at all by our appointment, I think I'll just request a cerclage. (If you don't know what that is, I don't suggest goggling it.) Suffice it to say, it keeps my cervix shut!

After that, I came home and since Chris was on his lunch, he made me and Felicity some food, and got her set up with a movie so she could zone out and nap. Which she did. Which made it possible for me to nap. So about 1 o'clock, both Felicity and I took a nap until about… 4:30-ish. When I got up, I made more food, then laid in bed until Chris got home while Lissy ran around the house chasing the kittens. Once he did get home, we started work on making curtains and a tablecloth for my baby shower on Sunday. I swear if I didn't enjoy sewing so much, and if that machine wasn't my mothers, I would have thrown that blasted thing across the living room. I knocked out two curtains like nothin', but when I went to sew my tablecloth, something happened that made all hell break loose. No freaking idea what caused it, but first the bobbin wouldn't thread neatly. Then it wouldn't fit into it's little hole so I could thread the machine. Then when I finally got it threaded, the stupid hook kept grabbing the needle's thread and pulling it down into the bobbin area, making it jam. I can't tell you how many times I rethreaded the whole dang-blasted machine. I was so frustrated. I was tired, cranky, frustrated, and really upset that it was now almost 11 o'clock and I had yet to write a single word today. Finally, I gave up and made a cup of chai. I turned off the machine, made my chai, then switched it back on again. That was something I had done before, that hadn't worked. But this time, for some unknown reason, the stupid machine WORKED. I was flabbergasted, but went with it. So with Under the Tuscan Sun playing in the background, I finished that blasted tablecloth and went to bed to write. I don't know if it was sheer hatred at that machine that turned me into a writing machine, but whatever it was, I didn't realize how much I'd done in so little time until Chris came upstairs, took my computer, saved the work and put it to bed. I got up this morning to check it, expecting I'd have about 7 thousand words or so, considering I started out at just over 6k. Nope. 10023 words. Reading it, there are pieces that aren't the most coherent, but wth. I'm going with it. November is not National Editing Month. That's December :)

So now, I am going to shower, do my morning routine, do a word sprint, get dressed, do a word sprint, go run my errands then come home and do another word sprint before I head over to the theater to do nothing but write consistently for… almost 5 hours. -squee- Which means I get to see Steve ^^ I can't tell you how much I have missed my theater family, and I'm so excited to see them today, even if it's just a quick hug and hello as I make my way to the green room to settle myself into my novel.

I hope you fellow WriMo's out there are doing fantastic, and I know you can do it! A writer does not write because they want to, they write because they need to. Oh, and a good quote from Chris Baty himself: "If you don't see a bunch of red and green squiggly lines, you're doing it wrong."

0 comments: