Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Alive!

In the famous words of Shaggy: "Zoinks!" (If you didn't get that... There is no hope for you.)

Boy, the last few months have been... interesting to say the least. I was not intending on staying away so long, and I could make up all the usual expectant mother excuses; nausea, back ache, head ache, etc etc. I could throw in the already-a-mother excuses of toddler tantrums, potty training exercises, etc etc.

But, I really don't want to. I had started working on the novel again, just because I felt like it wasn't finished yet, and of course, my poor Mac dies. I mean, this time it died. As in, wouldn't even turn on or anything. So it had to go back to Apple and get fixed (sigh, again) but now that I finally have it back, I have lost the urge to do anything with it. I know I should, because I had a goal of getting it out into the Kindle world by thanksgiving, but I really don't think that's going to happen now. With everything else I have stacked on my plate at the moment, the novel is taking a back seat for a bit. I'm still planning on doing this years NaNoWriMo (I know, I know. I'm insane. Tell me something I don't know!), and am working on the story line and character building and all that. So I think I'll be ready for that, and if my Mac survives it, it will be awesome! In my own, completely unbiased opinion, of course! ;)

Now, if you care to jump on over to my other, and more pregnancy focused, blog, I'll give you updates and even a picture or two. And that's all the advertising I'm doing.

Back to writing... I will say, even though this is totally pregnancy related, that I will be going on bed rest, as ordered by my doc, at the end of the month. So you may be seeing, er, reading a lot more of me than you would care to otherwise, but hey, I may actually get something done while confined to my bed!

0 comments: